Auto Scratches – Which Car Paint Repair Technique Is The Best For Me
You just noticed car scratches on your nice new car. Some inconsiderate *BLEEP* left you an ugly door scuff in the parking lot…uggg. It’s bugs the heck out of you and you can’t stop thinking about it. You want those ugly scratches gone now! Hang on Cowboy or Cowgirl, if you don’t understand what you have…
You can actually make those automobile scratches worse!
No matter what type of automobile scratches here are 5 questions will help determine your best course of action to correct the auto scratch and put a smile on your face.
First off…Clean the area of all dust and grit this is important to assessing the severity of the defect. (wash the entire car or spot clean)
- Is the sheet metal or plastic dented? Look close from different angles.
- Is there a different color (of paint) deposited on top of the finish?
- Can you feel the scratches with your fingernail?
- Can just barely feel the them with your fingernail?(borderline – may require 3000 wet sanding)
- If you can without a doubt catch your fingernail, look closely, can you see another color (grey or black or perhaps bare metal) down inside the scratch?
In most cases these scratches can be divided into three general categories with respect to how you can remove them.
- Can’t feel them with fingernail – Polish alone will remove it permanently.
- Borderline – Maybe just barely feel the scratches. May or may not need to wet sand with 3000 grit sponge
- Definitely feel with fingernail, visually obvious the auto defect penetrated to color, primer or metal. Touch up paint required in combination with polishing enhancements to make the repair “visually disappear” with professional results
The Ultimate Car Scratch Removal (CSR) System has all of the necessary components to remove 90% of the problems on your car paint finish you will encounter. The other 10% that require touch up paint can be greatly enhanced with the Ultimate CSR System.
Auto Scratches Like These Can Be Removed Easily At Home Even If You Are A Beginner!
Sometimes VERY skinny car scratches can be deceptive; you might not be able to really feel it with your fingernail. You may think it’s not that bad or deep when in reality it cannot be removed and may need touch up paint to effectively “camouflage” it.
If you can feel them without a doubt with your fingernail or the scratch is obviously penetrated to the color, primer or metal will require touch up paint.
Spider Scratches are a different category of defect (auto scratches). They are caused by neglecting a paint finish, automatic car washes, improper car washing technique at home, cars that are outside most of the time…and tons of other factors. The good news is with the right technique you can remove auto paint scratches at home by hand without expensive complicated polishing machines. Anyone can get great results right out of the box the first time. Dark color car owners and Black car owners…this is for you.
The Ultimate CSR system is offered as a BUNDLE with the Ultimate Touch Up Kit or The Spider Eliminator System and can remove auto scratches with jaw dropping results even if you are a beginner!
This package has it all…you will have the Ultimate for removing ANY scratch you will ever come across!
interesting wiki article